The Mackeys (variously spelled) and allied families
- Publication date
- Mackey family, McKee family, Mackey, McKay, McCoy, McKie, Mackie, McKey, McKee, Allen, Allison, Bailey, Baker, Barnes, Bell, Bennett, Bowen, Brown, Butler, Carter, Caruthers, Catoe, Clark, Collett, Collins, Cook, Cox, Davis, Deese, Dobson, Dysart, Ellis, Fisher, Funsten, Garrett, Gibson, Green, Griffith, Hammond, Harris, Henderson, Hilliard, Hollingsworth, Hunter, Jackson, Jobe, Johnson, Jones, Kirk, Lawrence, Lea, Lenoir, Lewis, Long, Lyda, Mc Clung, McCormick, McGee, McKnight, McMillan, McQueen, Martin, Miller, Montgomery, Morris, Neely, Nugent, O'Neal, Ott, Parker, Parringin, Peavey, Perry, Pirkle, Powell, Prince, Ray, Reeves, Roberts, Robinson, Rogers, Russell, Sawyers, Scott, Sheppard, Sims, Siniard, Smith, Stewart, Strickland, Tait, Tarver, Taylor, Thomas, Thompson, Todd, Turner, Twitty, Verdier, Vincent, Wade, Ward, Warren, West, Whitacre, Whitson, Wilson, Wood, Wright, Wyatt, Young, Zachery, Williams, Laughbridge
- [Decatur? Ga.]
- Digitizing sponsor
- Internet Archive
- Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center
- Volume 2
"Jno. Mackey, the first of the name in the country, was a Quaker of Irish or Scotch-Irish descent. He came between the Yrs. 1740/45, & after several yrs. spent in the southern part of the Co. in the vicinity of Cape May C.H. he located upon what is known as the Mackey Place in Petersburg [New Jersey]. ... Col. Mackey's w[ife] died of heart disease sometime prior to 1784. The Col. d[ied] in Sept. of that y[ear]. Both he & his w[ife] were buried in the in the family burying ground on the Mackey Place."--P. 12. "After the section dealing with the family of John Mackey, Sr., was compiled and ready for print, [the author] found [she] had accumulated so many valuable records which did not belong directly to [her] branch of the Mackeys, that [she] desired others to benefit from them."--Introd. Includes research on many different Mackey families, especially those of Pennsylvania and the southern United States. Also includes variant spellings of McKay, McCoy, McKee, McKey, McKie, Mackie, and others
Copyright contained in V.1 of book.
Copyright not renewed as per Stanford database.
No table of contents; contained in V.1.
Faint photographic images.
- 2019-02-19 13:38:39
- Call number
- 929.2 M1995D, V.2
- Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control)
- 1002 p. illus. 24 cm.
- ABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR)
- abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.7
- Worldcat (source edition)
- Full catalog record
Uploaded by Emilee Smits on